Owner | Competition Prep | Posing
Tina (aka Mama T) is a wife, mom, coach, athlete and judge. As a retired, life-long natural pro figure, physique and bodybuilding athlete, she has a passion for coaching others in the sport of natural physique competition.
Her competition career began in 2005 where she competed in the still relatively new Figure division. From there she dabbled in BodyBuilding but ultimately found her niche in Women's Physique/Fitbody; earning her pro status in all three divisions.
Tina began her coaching career in 2008 as a posing coach while still working full-time for the Federal Government/DoD. After spending years coaching part-time, working full-time and raising a family, she decided to follow her passion for coaching in 2016, took a deferred retirement from her gov't gig and followed her dream to become a coach full-time. Over the years, she studied, learned, earned certifications, and put into practice all her experience in the sport as an athlete, coach, promoter, and judge when she added training and nutrition to her competition coaching services.
During her 25+ years involved in the sport of bodybuilding, Tina has experienced every high and low that comes with the sport. From overcoming binge eating disorder and body dysmorphia, to recovering from multiple recurring injuries (including 8 orthopedic surgeries), auto-immune disease (lupus/connective tissue disease), and breast implant illness. She believes that the destination is the journey and every setback is just an opportunity for an even bigger comeback.
Tina is a Precision Nutrition Certified Level 1 Coach, National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) and Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS). She is a life long learner who loves to 'geek out' reading peer reviewed studies, listening to podcasts and other scientific research and articles.
As a coach, Tina is passionate about ensuring her clients build as much strength of mind and spirit as they do strength in body. She believes that competing in this sport is less about what happens on stage, and more about what you learn from the journey you take to get there.
Tina believes strongly in coaching the whole athlete; mind, body and spirit. She believes there's a Life Athlete in every one of us and the lessons you learn through a competition journey, are lessons you will take with you and use in all aspects of your life, even long after the stage lights have dimmed. If you are committed, dedicated, focused and resilient, you can make all your biggest dreams come true.
If you find yourself struggling to reach your goals, there is a reason. You must reach down deep to to understand what drives you. Once you are connected to the reason WHY you need to make a change, nothing will stand in the way of you getting there.
Her motto is, "Where there's a strong enough WHY, you will need no HOW."
Certifications, Accreditations and Continuing Education
- NASM CPT
- NASM FNS
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Brain Health Cert
- Living Mindfully Cert
- Balancing Hormones for Optimal Weight Loss Cert
- It Takes Guts! Connecting the Brain, Diet and Microbiome Cert
- Balancing Hormones through Nutrition Cert
- Sleep Science for Fitness Professionals Cert
- Smart Programming for the Peri- and Postmenopausal Woman Cert
- The Female Physique: The Link Between Nutrition, Hormones and Strength Training Cert
Competition History and Placements
- 2005 OCB Charm City Classic - Figure Nov 1st, Open 2nd, Novice Overall
- 2005 USBF Mason Dixon - Figure Open 2nd
- 2006 USBF - Figure Open 2nd, Mixed Pairs 1st
- 2006 OCB Spirit of America - Figure Open 3rd, Mixed Pairs 1st
- 2006 OCB Charm City Classic - BB Novice 1st, BB Open 1st, BB Open Pro Card
- 2009 NPC BWI - Figure Open 2nd
- 2009 INBF Sacramento - Figure Open 4th
- 2011 INBF NNA - Figure Open 2nd, Fitbody Open 2nd
- 2011 INBF Mr. America - Figure Open 2nd, Fitbody Open 1st, Fitbody Open Pro Card
- 2011 OCB Richmond - Figure Open 2nd, Figure Masters 1st, Figure Masters Pro Card
- 2012 WNBF NNA - Figure Open 1st, Figure Open Pro Card, Pro Fitbody Title 1st
- 2012 WNBF Pro American - Pro Fitbody 2nd, Pro Figure 6th